With plans in place to move forward with Ottawa’s Fourth of July fireworks show, the city will implement several street closures and temporary parking bans from 7 p.m. Saturday, July 4, to 1 a.m. Sunday, July 5.
Complete street closures
• Main Street from La Salle to Columbus streets
• Madison Street from Clinton to La Salle streets
• Madison Street from La Salle to Columbus streets
• Court Street from Main to Madison streets
• Lincoln Place’s La Salle Street access
• Hitt Street from State Street west to corporate limits
• East Prospect Avenue from State Street to First Avenue
• All Ottawa High School parking lots and school property closed to both vehicles and pedestrians
In addition, Ottawa First, which organizes the fireworks display, was informed the show will not include ground fireworks. The display will include larger shells with higher elevation that can be viewed from a larger radius within the city.
The city also requests residents viewing the fireworks follow all current Centers for Disease Control and Prevention guidelines regarding COVID-19 social distancing.
For more local news, visit The Times at https://www.mywebtimes.com.