As a public service, Shaw Media will provide open access to information related to the COVID-19 (Coronavirus) emergency. Sign up for the newsletter here
Alden Terrace of McHenry, a long-term care facility, reported 10 additional COVID-19 cases and three more deaths, according to numbers released Friday by the Illinois Department of Public Health.
This brings the total counts to 70 cases among staff and residents and 10 deaths, the most at a long-term care facility in McHenry County.
According to the IDPH website, the reporting of long-term care COVID-19 data has been updated, and only laboratory confirmed cases are being reported.
Long-term care facilities and local health departments will have the most up-to-date data on case numbers, IDPH officials said.
According to the McHenry County Department of Health, long-term care facilities are required to immediately report any COVID-19-like illness among residents and staff to their local health departments. These numbers then are reported from the local health department to the IDPH.
As of Friday, the IDPH reported:
• The Fountains at Crystal Lake has 38 cases and 12 deaths, an increase of three cases and one death.
• Fair Oaks Health Care Center in Crystal Lake has 10 cases and one death, which is an increase of three cases and one death.
• Florence Nursing Home in Marengo has 31 cases and four deaths, which is an increase of six cases and two deaths.
• The Springs at Crystal Lake has 39 cases and eight deaths, which is an increase of two cases and two deaths.
• Hearthstone Village in Woodstock reported two cases of COVID-19 at its facility. It had not previously been on the IDPH’s list of long-term facilities with reported COVID-19 cases.
• Crossroads Care Center in Woodstock has 68 cases and nine deaths, which are the same numbers as last week. Also remaining the same were Sheltered Village of Woodstock with 41 cases and nine deaths, and Revere Court of Crystal Lake with 12 cases and two deaths.
For more local news, visit Northwest Herald at https://www.nwherald.com.