As a public service, Shaw Media will provide open access to information related to the COVID-19 (Coronavirus) emergency. Sign up for the newsletter here
The Illinois Department of Public Health reported 12 more deaths from COVID-19 at the Meadowbrook Manor Nursing and Rehabilitation facility in Bolingbrook this past week.
In total, IDPH reported 188 confirmed cases of COVID-19 and 38 deaths at Meadowbrook as of Friday.
The IDPH also reported three more deaths at the Sunny Hill Nursing Home in Joliet.
In total, nursing homes in Will County have reported 640 cases and 127 deaths.
IDPH data on long term care facilities is updated weekly. Facilities report data to local health departments, which then report to IDPH. The agency said "lag time and discrepancies are to be expected."
There were 17 facilities in Will County posted on the IDPH website on Friday.
Here are the numbers by facility:
• Aperion Care in Wilmington: two cases
• Arbor Terrace in Naperville: 35 cases, four deaths
• Clarendale of Mokena: 25 cases, three deaths
• Heritage Woods of Bolingbrook: five cases
• Lakeshore Rehab & Healthcare in Joliet: four cases
• Meadowbrook Manor in Bolingbrook: 188 cases, 38 deaths
• PARC of Joliet: 51 cases, 10 deaths
• Presence Villa Franciscan in Joliet: 58 cases,12 deaths
• St. Coletta's of Illinois in Tinley Park: two cases
• St. James Manor in Crete: 45 cases, 16 deaths
• Spring Creek in Joliet: seven cases, one death
• Sunny Hill in Joliet: 45 cases, 15 deaths
• Symphony of Joliet: 130 cases, 25 deaths
• Timbers of Shorewood: two cases
• Victorian Village in Homer Glen: nine cases, one death.
• Willow Falls in Crest Hill: eight cases, two deaths.
• Willow House in University Park: 18 cases.
For more local news, visit The Herald-News at https://www.theherald-news.com.