MANLIUS — The Bureau Valley School Board of Education met in regular session May 18 at the district office.
Superintendent Jason Stabler recognized the transportation department and Mr. Anderson for the Bus 2020 Video, calling it a nice tribute to the graduates. Stabler also thanked the BV Food Service Department for serving more than 25,000 meals since the school closure began.
Stabler recognized the custodial staff for deep cleaning and keeping people all safe. He thanked the volunteers who have helped with materials and learning packet preparation and graduation. Lastly, he congratulated the Class of 2020 and the eighth grade students.
Board President Justin Yepsen thanked the staff and gave a final thank you to Doyle Johnston and Vicki Litherland, wishing them sell in their retirement.
Stabler presented the changes for the tentative budget amendment. On the revenue side, the district added working cash funds. Also, two categorical payments have not been received. Rita Hanna, bookkeeper, mentioned that the Transportation Fund is very low because the district has not received one state payment.
In other discussion, Yepsen inquired about the high school chiller project. Stabler said the company has been in to look over things. They estimate that the project will be completed by the third week of June.
Yepsen said he is concerned about the deterioration of the district’s parking lots. More information will be collected. Yepsen said he would like to see the ag building project move forward as well.
In board action, the following was approved:
• Addition of BV JH Activity Account for JFL.
• FY20 tentative budget amendment.
• K-5 and 6-12 2020-21 handbooks.
• Retirement notices of the following people at the end of the 2023-24 school year:
Brad Bickett, Jennifer DeBrock, Brian Humphrey and Craig Johnson.
• Resignation of Brad Bickett as BVHS sophomore class sponsor.
• Resignation of Tina Hufford and Laura Nichols as BVHS Renaissance sponsors.
• Resignation of Sheri Thacker as BV JH seventh grade volleyball coach.
• Resignation of Adriana Blanford as BVN teacher.
• Resignation of Darcy Kepner as BV JH girls softball coach.
• Employment of Abby Jaques as BVHS PE/health teacher for the 2020-21 school year.
• Transfer of Lucas Schultz from BVHS freshman sponsor to sophomore sponsor.
• Employment of Caseelynn Johnston as BVHS freshman sponsor.
• Employment of Amanda Alm as BVHS cafeteria staff.
• Transfer of Courtney Borowski from BV Wyanet kindergarten to second-grade teacher.
• Maternity leave request of Brianne DeBrock
• Maternity leave request of Laura Nichols.
The next regular school board meeting will be at 6 p.m. Monday, June 22.
For more local news, visit BCRNews.com at https://www.bcrnews.com.