Streator firefighters responded to a fire Sunday at 911 E. 12th St. where flames had been reported coming out from the roof. No one was home and nobody was injured.
Streator firefighters responded to a fire Sunday at 911 E. 12th St. where flames had been reported coming out from the roof. No one was home and nobody was injured.

A Streator home on East 12th Street burned Sunday night while the owner wasn't home.

Jon Graham was elsewhere when a neighbor called to tell him there were Streator police and firefighters dousing a flame coming from the roof of his home at 911 E. 12th St.

"I'm lucky because my son was down the street at my neighbor's house," Graham said.

Graham's two dogs were home in the basement and were rescued uninjured. The larger dog, Shadow, bolted out the front door while neighbors chased him down and led him inside one of their homes.

Firefighters were on scene at about 5:10 p.m. and found the small fire coming from the roof.

Streator Fire Chief Gary Bird said the crews made entry and knocked the fire down; they then began looking for extensions of the fire.

No injuries occurred as a result of the fire.

For more local news, visit The Times at https://www.mywebtimes.com.

The Times